Our highly-trained physicians provide compassionate, patient-centered care
We provide outpatient and hospital-based treatment
Same day or next day availability
As one of central New Jersey’s leaders in treating digestive diseases, we strive to provide compassionate, patient-centered care. Our established and highly-trained physicians provide both outpatient and hospital-based treatment to patients with digestive diseases.
We encourage you to schedule an appointment to discuss your digestive concerns. We are available daily for outpatient initial consultations and follow-up visits.
Our main services
A colonoscopy is a visual examination of the entire large intestine, also known as the colon. This exam is used to explore possible causes of abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea and other intestinal problems. A colonoscopy is also used as a method of screening for colon cancer.
An upper endoscopy, also known as ‘EGD’, is a procedure used to determine the cause of gastrointestinal disorders and symptoms including heartburn, the cause of upper abdominal pain, unexplained anemia, and swallowing difficulties, upper GI bleeding, and the presence of tumors or ulcers.
Hemorrhoid Band Ligation
Internal Hemorrhoid Band Ligation with SpaceBander: If your hemorrhoids are symptomatic (bleeding, burning, itching, pain, swelling, or prolapse), your doctor may recommend hemorrhoid banding. Hemorrhoid banding is a non-surgical and non-invasive, in-office procedure that offers lasting relief. Patients return to work or daily activities without pain.
Book an Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Our office hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8am – 4pm
Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
- Remember to bring a photo I.D. and your most current insurance card(s).
- Please arrive early, allowing ample time for traffic, parking and completing any necessary paperwork.
- New patients – 30 minutes
- Established patients – 15 minutes
- Procedures – 45 minutes
- Please bring all test results, lab work, X-rays, etc., that pertain to the reason for your visit. If you do not have these documents, please make sure they are mailed or faxed to GACJ prior to your appointment.
In order to ensure we have the most accurate information on file, we ask that our patients download, read, and fill out various documents prior to their visit.
Simply download, fill out, print, and sign the appropriate forms. Then bring them to your next appointment. Please read the information contained in these documents carefully and bring all the completed forms with you to your appointment.
- GACJ participates in most health plans; however you should know the following about your specific plan:
- If the physician and facility are in-network
- If the physician is at your preferred tier level
- Your annual deductible
- Your office visit co-payment
- If a referral is required
- Coordinate all required referrals with your primary care physician and submit to your GACJ physician at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- GACJ will submit primary, secondary and tertiary claims on your behalf as long as the information needed to process the claim is obtained and verified before your visit. If this information is obtained after your visit, the patient or guarantor is responsible for the balance.
- GACJ accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances offered in New Jersey
If you have symptoms of rectal bleeding, itching, discomfort, or anal pain, you may be one of the millions of people experiencing symptomatic hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lower rectum. They are very common and occur equally in men and women of all ages. There are two types of hemorrhoids, internal and external. You may see them just outside the anal area or they may be hidden from view. Consult your physician to determine the best treatment option for you.